Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vacation, in stereo.

Hey everyone! Your humble servant has been away gallivanting in New York City, Montreal, Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec City and the whole of PEI! I did find some great additions to the archive, not slides and no colour objects, but a nice album (which you'll see soon) and some good stereo objects including a rare tintype stereo portrait of two dapper young gentlemen. Here are some of my finds:


I suspect the Londonderry Hotel was in Great Village, Nova Scotia. See this entry from the Elizabeth Bishop Centenary blog. Nice puppy, must have been a very special dog. I always find a few good stereo cards while on holiday - they're great things to bring home being so compact and sturdy. These new ones well represent some of my favourite subject matter for stereo cards: expositions/awesome rides, winter scenes, interiors, British stuff, groups of handsome fellows, and weird stuff. Please continue!

Oh Pickwick. Get some help.

Good haul, great holiday! And! I finally have been able to make acceptable images of some of my autochromes. More to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love when leashes were mere pieces of string or rope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all you need when it's such a noble beast.

    ReplyDelete