Saturday, April 9, 2011

Where would I like to be today?

View larger on black
Just a little taste of the brine today, Neil and I are hanging vinyl wallpaper and generally goofing off. All the same, I'd rather be here in a heartbeat. But where is it? Kodachrome, no date stamp but should be 1958 - 1959.

UPDATE!!
Many thanks to Sarah Dobinson of the Flickr community for identifying this correctly as the South Parade Pier in Southsea, Portsmouth! Here is the note she sent my way:

"Oh my god this is fantastic! I live to the left hand side of the pier - it's South Parade Pier in Southsea, Portsmouth.
Do you know what date the photo was taken? There was a fire in 1974 that wiped out most of the buildings on the pier. Some extra info here: www.theheritagetrail.co.uk/piers/southsea%20s outh%20parad...
Here's what it looks like now (Google Streeview of the buildings): maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q& hl=en&g... "


Thanks again for the answer! And may I say how jealous I am of where you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment